Faculty Projects and Publications
Paul L. Jokiel
- Tel: (808) 236-7440
- Fax: (808) 236-7443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology
- PO Box 1346
- Kane‘ohe, HI 96744
- Ph.D. 1985, University of Hawai‘i
- My research centers on coral reef ecology, so my research spans a wide range of topics. I am concerned with the effects of the
following physical parameters on coral reef ecosystems: light (spectrum, intensity and modulation), temperature, water motion, salinity,
various pollutants, sedimentation and nutrients. In addition, I am interested in the biogeography and dispersal of reef organisms, reef
structure and function, and various biological dimensions such as competition and genetic structure. Much of my work is directed at producing
the basic information required for intelligent environmental management of tropical marine coastal ecosystems.
- Since 1998 I have been Principal Investigator for the Hawaii Coral Reef Assessment and Monitoring Program.
[ Top of the page ]