Health Disparity Research
- Ethnic comparisons of long-term care health patterns and practices, and long-term care needs and preferences in Hawai‘i. Funded by Administration on Aging
Social Disparity Research
- Examining poverty rates among middle aged and older adults in Hawai‘i
- Factors associated with poverty in later life—gender and ethnic comparisons
Long-term Care Literacy
- From nursing home to home: Examining congruency of knowledge needed for long-term care placements by nursing home discharge planners, elders and their caregivers
- Investigating the role of race/ethnicity/culture in nursing home discharge planner recommendations for nursing home to home placements
Education and Workforce Research
- Development, implementation and evaluation of a model research training program for Aging Network professionals. Funded by the State Executive Office on Aging (2010).
- Migrant long-term care work: A Rising challenge and opportunity for elder care research, policy and practice.