University of Hawaii at
American Library Association, Student Chapter
Executive Board and Committee Chairs
October 24, 2005
Nicolich, Loraine Oribio, Janel Quirante, Dawn Sueoka, Annie Thomas
The minutes from
the Executive Board and Committee Chairs meeting on September 28, 2005 were
approved by the Executive Officers.
Lillian distributed Agenda, Schedules and Committee Participation
- Lillian distributed an Event Log
listing all ALA-SC sponsored events and number of attendees.
- Lillian attended RIO Orientation
Meeting. ALA-SC can now
officially book rooms on campus.
- Updates completed: Committees page
- Still to do: Redesign of Events page
to make updates easier
& Committees (Loraine & Lillian)
- Loraine announced that she would
present a short ALA-SC outreach talk in the Saturday Oct. 29 intensive
LIS610 course to generate participation from neighbor island students.
- Annie proposed that Victoria
Vallejos join the Social Committee.
- Fundraising Committee needs a chair.
Committee Schedule (Lillian)
- Upcoming Brown Bags: Matthew Fishburn,
Book Burning in WWII; Stephanie Nelson, Sunny Pai and Ralph Toyama,
e-Resources; Noenoe Silva and Chieko Tachihata, as part of LIS612.
Committee Schedule (Annie)
- Oct 31: Trick or Treat with James
Rumsford, then celebrate Halloween in Waikiki.
- Nov. 5 Neighbor Island Student
Outreach and Happy Hour at Volcano Joe’s to coincide with LIS610 HITS
- Nov. 11 HLA Conference Student Mixer
on Big Island.
- Nov. 18 Wahine volleyball game. ALA-SC will pay for member
tickets. Victoria will coordinate ticket purchase.
- Tentative event: Film Screening of
“Storm Center” December 2, 4:30pm in Bilger 319.
T-Shirt Publicity Campaign (Loraine)
- Hamilton Library Admin. Dept.
purchased 40 T-shirts for PNC/PRDLA/ECAI volunteers to wear during the
- Loraine will order more T-shirts to
replenish the supply, possibly different colors.
Conference Volunteers Update (Janel)
- ALA-SC member volunteers include:
Christine Cipolla, Dona Christensen, Joe Murphy, Lillian Nicolich, Carrie
Ann Young, Naomi Zimmer
Conference – Neighbor Island Outreach Event (Janel)
- Janel and Annie will represent
ALA-SC at the HLA Conference and will host a mixer for students and recent
alumni at the Paniolo Polo Bar and Lounge at the Fairmont Orchid Hotel
Friday Nov. 11.
30 at 4:00 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 4:45 pm.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Janel Quirante.