BFA alum CINDY IODICE‘s film THE BRIDGE is an Official Selection of The New York Film & TV Festival, screening on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2016.
Shot on location in Honolulu THE BRIDGE has already won the following international film awards:
– Hawaii International Short Film Festival, Award for Best of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI)
– IndieFEST Film Awards, Award of Recognition (La Jolla, California)
– Reel Time International Online Film Festival Best Short Film Category Finalist (Perth, Australia)
– Reel Time International Online Film Festival Best Short Film Category Winner (Perth, Australia)
– Tampa Bay Arts & Education Network, Laurel of Excellence Award- (Tampa Fla.)
– The Accolade Global Film Competition, Award of Recognition (Los Angeles, California)
– Best Shorts Competition, Award of Recognition (Los Angeles, CA)
The film is a narrative fictional story about Pono, a tenacious seven-year old Hawaiian boy who lives with his family in a five-story tree house, deep in the rainforest of Hawaii’s Manoa Valley. By spending time with his native Hawaiian father and through the process of cultural transmission, the boy learns about his ancestral roots and Hawaiian history.