Can I change my UH Username?
UH Usernames are based on your legal name, as it appears on official UH records. Requests to change your UH Username will only be accepted under the following circumstances:
- There is a misspelling in your name.
- Your legal name has changed and the username no longer reflects the new legal name. Your legal name must be changed at the appropriate UH office before ITS will review your request to change your UH Username.
Students: please check with your campus' Admissions and Records office for proper procedures and documentation to make a name change on your student records.Note: if your name has not yet been updated in our records by the applicable party above, ITS will not be able to process your username change request.
Faculty & Staff: please check with your personnel officer to make a name change in PeopleSoft.
If one of these situations apply to you, contact the ITS Help Desk with your request to change your UH Username and UH Email Account. You will be asked to verify your identity and provide a legitimate reason for the username change (e.g., marriage, divorce, legal name change, etc.).
Instructions for requesting a username change from ITS:
Please call the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-8883 or toll-free from neighbor islands (800) 558-2669 and inquire about changing your username.
Email the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com and inquire about changing your username.
After you have made the request to change your UH Username, ITS will email you to confirm the request for a UH Username change. Once you have received this confirmation email, you must send a reply back to ITS. This reply will confirm that you want to change your UH Username. After ITS has received the reply from you, your UH Username will be changed to the new UH Username and the account should be available the next morning. Your password is moved to your new account. It does not change.
You may also request that mail sent to your old email address be delivered to your new email address. This gives you time to notify correspondents of the change in your UH Username and unsubscribe from mailing lists. If you request this option, the following will occur:
- The old account is disabled and made inaccessible by ITS
- ITS moves all files associated with the old account over to the new account
- The old account is configured by ITS such that email to the old account automatically goes to the new account for up to 30-days.
Note: you will be responsible for notifying your contacts of your email address change.