"If you own or run a small business, you'll want Windows Vista Business, the first Windows operating system designed specifically to meet your needs." - Microsoft website
Minimum System Requirements
- A PC with a 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB of system memory
- 40 GB hard disk with at least 15 GB free hard disk space
- Windows Aero-capable graphics card with DirectX9 graphics support
- 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
- WDDM driver
- Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
- 32 bits per pixel
- internal or external DVD drive
- Internet access capability
- Audio output capability
ITS Supported Version
Departments may purchase this software through the ITS Site License Office. Users can purchase this software for personal use from a computer software retailer that sells Microsoft products.
- Microsoft Vista Tips [HTML]
- Getting Started with Windows Encryption [PDF]
- Vista Application Compatibility [HTML]
In Windows Vista, click the Start button, click All Programs, and click Windows Update.
Alternative: Open Internet Explorer to the Microsoft Windows Update website to download the latest Microsoft Windows updates.