Student: I forgot my password. What should I do?
Please remember that your password is case-sensitive (i.e. this password Pa$sT3!E is not the same as pa$st3!e), and must meet the following requirements:
- at least 8 characters in length (up to a maximum of 32)
- at least one lowercase character
- at least one uppercase character
- at least one numerical character
- at least one special character
If the password your entering does not fulfill these requirements, you are most likely entering the wrong password and will need to reset it.
Online password reset
If you do not remember your password or it is not working, you may be able to set a new password over the Web. When your UH Username was activated, you were asked to select two questions and provide the answers to these two questions. If you know the answer to these two questions, you may visit the UH Account Management page and select the Forgot Your Password link to set a new password. The new password could take up to 5 minutes before it is ready to be used.
In Person password reset
If you do not remember your password and the answer to the two questions, you will need to visit a campus representative and show an official government issued photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state ID, or passport). The new password could take up to 5 minutes before it is ready to be used.
Student out-of-state, abroad, or those with medical hardships
If you cannot reset your password online, and you are not able to visit a campus representative in person, you may file drop or fax in a request for a password reset. The request must include the following required information:
- Full name (first, middle, last)
- UH Username
- UH Number
- A copy of your government issued photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state ID, or passport)
- Month/day of date of birth
- Your ticket number (contact the ITS Help Desk if you do not have a ticket number)
- Your telephone number
Please file drop the request to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax the request and the required documents to the ITS Help Desk at (808) 956-2108. After your documents have been verified, ITS personnel will call you with the new password.
File Drop Procedures
- Visit https://www.hawaii.edu/filedrop and enter your name and email address in the "Non-UH Users" section (as you cannot log into the UH Users section if you've forgotten your password).
- Enter email@example.com as the recipient.
- Check Require authentication; it is unchecked by default.
- In the comment section, include your name, reason for the request, and ticket number (contact the ITS Help Desk if you do not have a ticket number).
- The comment/description section should NOT include any personal identifying information such as UH number and MM/DD of date of birth.
- Click Proceed.
- Click Choose File, and navigate to the document you created containing the required information (listed above).
- If not included in the previous document, include a second file containing a scan/picture of your government issued photo ID.
- Click Start Upload.