This article explains how to import your contacts from UH WebMail into Google@UH Gmail.
How do I export my contacts from UH WebMail and import them into Gmail?
- Login to UH WebMail.
- Click on Address Book and then click Import/Export.
- On the next screen, select Microsoft Outlook CSV for Export Format and then click on the Export button.
- Save the file to your computer and take note of the location where the file was saved to.
- Log into Google@UH Gmail at http://gmail.hawaii.edu.
- Click on Contacts and then Import.
- Click the Browse button and select the file you just saved from UH WebMail.
- Click Import. Your contacts should now be imported into Gmail.
Why didn’t my contact groups import into Gmail?
Due to limitations with .csv files groups cannot be exported from UH WebMail. Groups will need to be recreated in Gmail.