Google@UH Sync with iOS (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)
How to configure Google@UH Sync for iOS:
- Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Press Add Account....
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email field, enter your full email address. You may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Enter your full Google@UH email address as the Username (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your UH password as the Password.
- Tap Next at the top of your screen.
- Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
- Press Next at the top of your screen again.
- Select the Google@UH services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync. To receive and respond to meeting requests on your device, both Mail and Calendar need to be turned on, and New events needs to be enabled in your Google Calendar settings.
- If you would like to keep your existing contacts on your device select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes. If you choose to keep existing contacts, you will sync the contents of the My Contacts group.
For additional information on configuring Google@UH Sync for iOS, please visit http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740.
How to configure Google@UH email via IMAP for iOS:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Google@UH email address
- Tap Next
- Tap Save
For additional infomration on configuring IMAP for Google@UH email on iOS, please visit https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77702.
For additional information on how actions taken on your mobile iOS device will appear in the web client when using IMAP, pleasae visit https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77657.