Getting Started with Identity Finder on the Mac
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Intel-based hardware platforms
- 50MB hard drive space
Downloading Identity Finder
Click here to download the Mac installer, you will need to login with your UH Username and Password.
Installing Identity Finder
- Double click to unzip to a pkg file.
- Double click on the pkg file to start the installer.
- Follow the on screen instructions to install Identity Finder for Mac.
- To get started go to Finder, choose Applications, then Identity Finder.
- If you are running Identity Finder for Mac for the first time, you will be prompted to create a password. This password is use to lock your profile and protect the search results. Create and secure a password for this.
- Once open, you may choose the Start button on the toolbar to immediately start your search with the default options (or previously saved options) or choose the Locations button to choose which location you want to search specifically.
- Identity Finder will begin searching for all identity types you have selected via the Identities button on the toolbar. A Status Window will appear to show your current status.
- You may interact with results as they appear. A dialog box will inform you when the search has been completed. Click OK to see the search results.
For more details on customizing Identity Finder for Mac, please visit the vendor supported documentation here.
NOTE: We recommend that you rescan your system once remediation is completed.