Microsoft Exchange Email Service: Setup forwarding from Google@UH to your Exchange account
This article provides instructions on how to forward your Google@UH email to your Exchange account. You must have an Exchange account set up prior to following these directions. For more information on obtaining an Exchange account, please see: www.hawaii.edu/askus/963
To setup forwarding of your Google@UH account email to your Exchange account, please follow the instructions below. If your are migrating your email from UH Mail to Google@UH, please make sure your email migration is finished prior to following these instructions.
- Login to Google@UH by going to: http://gmail.hawaii.edu and log in with your UH Username and password. If you have forgotten your password, please view this article for information on resetting your password.
- Click on the gear icon next to your email address on the top right corner of the screen. Choose the Mail settings link
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org (replace "username" with your account name) into the fowarding address box and click Next
- Click on the Proceed button.
- Select the radio button to Forward a copy of incoming mail to and select the email address from the drop down list
- Click Save Changes to save your settings. Your Google@UH account will now foward all your hawaii.edu email to your Exchange account.
- Next, check your Google@UH inbox for any recent messages that may have come in that were not forwarded to your Exchange account. Click on the Inbox link the left side of the window
Review the messages in your Inbox. If there are recent messages in your Google@UH account that you don't see in your Exchange account, you can foward them from this screen. Please note that you may have many old messages in your Google@UH account that were migrated from your UH Mail. You do not have to forward these emails to your Exchange account.
- Click on any message subject that you want to foward.
- Click on the triangle icon near the message date and choose the Forward option.
- Type in your email account in the form email@example.com (replace username with your account name)
- Click the Send button to send the message to your account. Do this for each email message you would like to forward to your Exchange account.