The UH Alert emergency text messaging system, http://www.hawaii.edu/alert , is used to send health and safety alerts to the UH community. The most common causes for not receiving text messages from UH Alert include:
- You are not registered to receive UH Alerts.
- UH Alert is an OPT-IN service, you must register for this service to receive alerts.
- Log into UH Alert and register your cell phone number.
- You have switched carriers or phone numbers and you forgot to update your UH Alert information.
- Log into UH Alert and update your cell phone information.
- You have mis-typed your cell phone number into the UH Alert system.
- Log into UH Alert and double-check your number.
- The number you registered in the UH Alert system is not a cell phone number.
- Many people input their office or home phone numbers.
- Log into UH Alert and double-check your number, make sure it's your cell phone number.
- Your number is not activated for text messaging for UH Alert or UH Alert is blacklisted by your provider
- Send a text message "START" (without quotes) to 320-75.
- Wait for a return message saying service has been reactivated.
- If you get an error message contact your cell phone provider.
- Your cell phone provider is prohibiting third party text messages to your phone.
- Call your cell phone provider and ask if they are blocking 3rd party text messages, if they are, request to remove the block.
- Your cell phone is not capable of receiving text messages.
- Add text messaging service to your cell phone plan.
- Your mobile phone service/carrier is not supported.
- Check the supported carriers page to see if your phone carrier is supported.
- Please note: Mobi PCS is NOT supported.
- There are various other errors that may prevent UH Alert from sending texts to your phone.
- Call your cell phone provider to troubleshoot texts coming from 320-75.
If you are still having problems after following the troubleshooting suggestions above, email email@example.com your name, UH Username, your cell phone number, cell phone carrier and an explanation of your problem.
If you are no longer affiliated with UH(graduated, left employment) you will be automatically removed from the UH Alert system. Only UH community members with an active UH Username are permitted to register for UH Alert.
If you have questions please email the UH Alert technical team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: I recently graduated(or left employment) from UH, however, I would still like to receive UH Alerts. Can you keep me on the system?
Q: I live in Manoa/Moiliili/St. Louis Heights/Kaimuki and I would like to receive UH Alerts. Can you put me on your system?
Q: I am from <insert your business name here>, I'd like to receive UH Alerts. Can you put me on your system?
A: No. UH Alert is only available to UH community members with a current UH Username.