Patch 2 for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 (VSE) is for Windows users using VSE 8.8. You must have VSE 8.8 already installed before you can install Patch 2.
McAfee released Patch 2 which fixes various issues. See Release Notes for details.
To install the patch:
- Download patch 2 from http://www.hawaii.edu/software.
(After you go to the main download page, click on the link for VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 2 on the Patches line. You don't need to download the full program, VSE 8.8 with Patch 1, again.)
- Save the file VSE880P2.zip on your desktop. Close your web browser.
- Ensure that you are logged in with an account that has administrator privileges.
- Double click on the vse880p2.zip icon to unzip the files. Extract all files and save them in a temporary folder.
- Double click on setup.exe in the temporary folder.
- When prompted "do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?", click Yes. Enter your administrator password, if prompted.
- The Patch Wizard will run. Click Next. When the installation is done, click Finish.
- After the patch is installed, restart your computer.
Verifying the Patch Installation
- Right click the red vshield icon in the system tray.
- Click About VirusScan Enterprise.
- Buffer Overflow and Access Protection DAT version should report 589.
- Installed Patches should report 2.
- Click OK.
Patch 2 details are available in McAfee Knowledgebase article PD23934, "VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 2 Release Notes".