Chrome is a web browser which allows you to view webpages on the Internet and run web applications. Chrome is developed by Google and is available free of charge.
Minimum System Requirements
- A PC running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium 4 or later
- 1 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 350 MB free hard disk space
- Internet access
ITS Supported Version
Check for Updates
Updates are available if the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar shows a little up arrow. Click it and select Update Google Chrome.
To manually check for updates:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select About Google Chrome.
- The current version is the series of numbers under the "Google Chrome" heading.
- Chrome will check for updates on this page. Click Relaunch to apply any available update. The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and re-opens them automatically when restarted.
For Windows 8/8.1 users: Make sure to close all Chrome windows and tabs on the desktop and the Windows 8/8.1 app. Then launch Chrome to apply the update.