The ITS Interactive Video (ITV) Classrooms are located in the Kuykendall Hall and Webster Hall at UH Mānoa. These classrooms are used to support distance learning courses. If time permits, classrooms are available to support standards-based video conferencing activities such as administrative meetings and collaborations. The ITV classrooms are managed by UH Information Technology Services (ITS). To reserve the ITV classrooms for ad hoc activities, submit a UH ITS ITV Classroom reservation form.
Room features are listed on the ITV@ the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa page.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (last event of the day must end at 4:00 PM).
- Early or after hours may be supported, but based on staff availability.
- Closed on holidays and weekends.
- The hourly rates are for personnel charge.
- A $40 cleanup fee will incur if room is dirty after event is completed. See Conditions of Use section for more information.
- Outside normal hours of operations fee apply for all users. Availability not guaranteed, depend on available staffing.
No Charge, if scheduled within hours of operation
$30/hr. (if outside hours of operation)
Government (Federal, County, other State agencies), Non-Profit Organizations, Registered UH Student Organizations
Additional $30/hr. (if outside hours of operation)
Private and Out-of-State Organizations
Additional $60/hr. (if outside hours of operation)
Procedures and Payment
- Submit an online reservation form to request use of room(s).
- Videoconference requests should be made at least two weeks prior to the day of the event, to allow time to contact the far/other site(s) and conduct tests (to insure connectivity). Requestor is responsible for reserving far/other site(s) and getting the necessary technical and contact information. UH H.323 Directory
- ITS will confirm request by email.
- To cancel a confirmed reservation, a minimum of 24 hours notice must be given. For cancellations with proper notice, only costs already incurred will be invoiced. See the Cancellation section below for more details.
- Upon completion of the videoconference, the Requestor will be invoiced by ITS.
Conditions of Use
- Last event of the day must end by 4:00 PM.
- Food and beverages are permitted in the room(s) on the condition that:
- All food/drink should be removed from the room before doors are locked.
- If campus catering has provided a meal for a special event, the event coordinator is responsible to remain until catering is picked up.
- Trash bags should be tied and taken to the nearest garbage bin outside the building.
- Participants are responsible for cleanup of any food spills or a cleanup fee of $40.00 will be incurred.
- All equipment, including chairs and tables must remain in the room.
- Tables should not be moved or rearranged.
- The renting organization is responsible for safekeeping of all equipment during the event and will be held liable for any lost and/or damage due to misuse, abuse, or negligence. The renting organization is responsible for replacement cost for any equipment, tables, chairs or carpet damaged during the event.
- ITS is not responsible for injury to participants and is not liable for personal property loss.
- To cancel a confirmed reservation, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required. For cancellation with proper notice, requestor will be invoiced for costs already incurred.
- If notice of cancellation is provided prior to the reservation time but within 24 hours of the reservation, a mandatory 1-hour charge will be assessed for holding the room.
- If no prior notice of cancellation is provided, requestor will be invoiced for the full cost of the reservation.
- ITS does provide staffing for each videoconference request.
- ISDN (H.320) videoconferencing is not supported. Proprietary or personal videoconferencing such as Skype is not supported.
- Student Organization request must be submitted by the organization's advisor. Advisor must be present during the videoconference.
- Dissertation Defense requests must be submitted by the student's UH advisor or program department. If not, then the student will be charged for the service at Private Organization rates.
- Videoconferences requiring more than two locations will require a video bridge. The ITS MCU Service is available to the UH community.
- Fax services are not available.
- Copy services are not available.