Setting up UHM Wireless on Windows 8.1
These instructions are for setting up access to the UHM broadcasted wireless SSID at the UH-Manoa campus when using Windows 8.1.
- Press Windows key + Q key to open the Search menu.
- Enter connect to in the Search box. Select Connect to a network.
- The available WiFi SSIDs will be displayed.
- Select UHM from the list of available networks. Check Connect automatically, if desired, and then click the Connect button. Windows will show its progress as it attempts to connect to the wireless network.
- To check that you've connected successfully, click on the wireless icon in the bottom right and UHM should report Connected.
- Once connected, launch a web browser, like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, to login to the wireless network. Once logged in you are ready to browse the Web.
Note: If you cannot see UHM listed, the wireless network may not be available in your area. A map of the UH-Manoa wireless network is located at http://www.hawaii.edu/wireless/map.