Anti-virus for Windows
For Anti-virus for Mac OS, go to http://www.hawaii.edu/askus/1652
Who is Eligible?
McAfee anti-virus software is licensed by the University of Hawaii (UH), Information Technology Services (ITS) site license for use by active UH faculty, staff, and students. Active UH faculty, staff, and students include any student taking a UH credit course, any faculty/staff currently employed by UH, and any faculty/staff currently employed by EWC/RCUH associated with UH.
UH faculty, staff and students may install McAfee software for their UH-owned Windows computers (desktops and laptops), including computer labs on campus, and home computers (one license only).
Upon termination of employment or student status at UH, all copies of McAfee software obtained through the University of Hawaii, Information Technology Services site license must be uninstalled.
McAfee software can not be loaded on computers located outside the United States.
VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 with Patch 9
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 with Patch 9 is supported on the following Windows platforms (32-bit and 64-bit):
- Windows 10 (Patch 9 is required for Windows 10 Creators Update [version 1703])
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2016 (Hotfix 1159675 mandatory)
- Windows Server 2012 Release 2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 Release 2
- Windows Server 2008
McAfee Knowledgebase article KB51111 has the complete list of supported operating systems and environments.
Getting the Software
- Go to the Software Download site.
- Click on Click here to login to the software download site.
- Login with your UH username and password, then click on Login.
- Fill in the number of computers you will be installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise on in the "Current # of Licenses" box.
- Patches and Hotfixes (if applicable):
- Click on the link on the Patches line.
- Select "save file" and click OK.
- Click on the Download button.
- If you agree to the agreement terms, click the I agree button once.
- Save the file to your local hard drive.
- Click Logout.
Full VSE 8.8 Repost package with Patch 8 UH installer: http://www.hawaii.edu/askus/1713
Please read the installation instructions as instructions have changed since Patch 6.
For a list of Known Issues, see KB70393
If you have problems with the software, please contact the ITS Help Desk. Email email@example.com, call (808) 956-8883 or (800) 558-2669 toll free from the neighbor islands for assistance.
Revised: November 3, 2016