Faculty: How do I get my UH Username?
You may request your UH Username online from the UH Username Management page by clicking on the "Get a UH Username!" link. Your UH Username should be ready within six minutes. Most services, such as MyUH, will be available to you once your UH Username is created. Your UH Email Account (@hawaii.edu) will be available for use after 15 minutes.
You will need to provide the following information to apply for a UH Username:
- your legal name (the name that you use on your student application or employment form)
- your UH Number or social security number
- date of birth
- read and agree to the Executive Policy E2.210 and Chapter 708, Hawaii Revised Statutes
After you have completed the form, use the Continue button to submit your request. The online request system will check the UH Username Management database for your name and information. If your information is found within the UH Username Management database, you will be asked to create a password for your UH Username. You need to select two questions and furnish the answers for these two questions. In the future, these two questions will allow you to reset your password online.
Your password is very important and should not be taken lightly. Please remember that your password should be something that you will remember but others cannot guess.
- Your password must be 8-32 characters long
- You must use at least one upper case alphabetic character, one lower case alphabetic character, one numeric character, and one special character
- Make it a habit to change your password frequently
- Choose a password that is hard to guess. Do not use dictionary words, birth dates, or names
- Make sure your password has nothing to do with the two questions and answers you provided when you initially set your password
- Memorize your password and do not share it with anyone
- Treat your password as you would treat any important confidential information about yourself