UH affiliate: How do I get my UH Username?
Before you can get your UH Username from the online request system, ITS requires a memo from your sponsoring UH department or office on departmental letterhead identifying you and officially requesting that you have access to UH services and resources. The department's request should come to the Help Desk by way of a memo on departmental letterhead containing the following information:
- Dean/Director/Department Chair signature authorizing the request on behalf of the department
- New person's full name
- New person's date of birth
- Starting date for the new person's position
- Ending date for the new person's position
- Position title
- Name and phone number of a department contact who can provide the new person's full SSN (if applicable)
Note: Disclosure of a person's full SSN is not mandatory, but is recommended; inclusion of the full SSN will allow for more accurate identification of a person's record and may prevent future service delivery issues.
A UH affiliate account expires after one year. Another memo will be necessary to extend the account one year.
Please fax this information to (808) 956-2108, or File Drop it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your request has been reviewed and approved, you may request your UH Username online from the UH Account Management page and clicking on the "Get a UH Username!" link. Your account should be ready within six minutes. Most services, such as the SECE, will be available to you once your account is created. Your UH Email Account (@hawaii.edu) will be available for use after 15 minutes.
You will need to provide the following information to apply for an account:
- your legal name (the name that you use on your student application form or employment form)
- your social security number or UH Number (provided to your department when your request was approved)
- date of birth
- read and agree to the Executive Policy E2.210 and Chapter 708, Hawaii Revised Statutes
After you have completed the form, use the Continue button to submit your request. The online request system will check the Account Management database for your name and information. If your information is found within the Account Management database, you will be asked to create a password for your UH Username. You need to select two questions and furnish the answers for these two questions. In the future, these two questions will allow you to reset your password online.
Your password is very important and should not be taken lightly. Please remember that your password should be something that you will remember but others cannot guess.
Here are some tips on choosing a password:
- Your password must be 8-32 characters long
- You must use at least one upper case alphabetic character, one lower case alphabetic character, one numeric character, and one special character
- Make it a habit to change your password frequently
- Choose a password that is hard to guess. Do not use dictionary words, birth dates, or names
- Make sure your password has nothing to do with the two questions and answers you provided when you initially set your password
- Memorize your password and do not share it with anyone
- Treat your password as you would treat any important confidential information about yourself