MyUH Troubleshooting Tips
In general, many problems with connecting to or using MyUH can be fixed by these things:
- Clear your web browser's cache
- Clear your web browser's cookies
- Allow myuh.hawaii.edu as a trusted site for popups
- Allow myuh.hawaii.edu as a trusted site in firewall hardware or software
When logging in, I get an "Account Disabled" error message. How do I fix this?
There are two main causes for this error message:
You have attempted to login with the incorrect password too many times.
MyUH will automatically disable your account for a short time after too many login failures (the more failures, the longer the time the account is disabled). If your account is disabled for this reason, you should wait a few minutes and then try again. If this does not fix the problem, or if you need to login immediately, you should contact the ITS Help Desk to get your account reenabled.
You do not have a current affiliation with the University and you are unable to access MyUH.
MyUH is available to current affiliates (faculty, staff, and students) and former students who have enrolled in 'Ohana online services. If you do not fall into this category, and your UH Username has been deprovisioned, you will not be able to access MyUH and its services.Former students who have NOT enrolled in 'Ohana online services cannot access MyUH and will need to contact their campus' Admissions and Records office to request an official transcript, or access to tax information.
If you were a previous affiliate (faculty, staff, or student), and have recently rejoined the UH Community as an active affiliate, you may need to wait five to ten minutes for the system to restore your access to MyUH. If, after waiting, you still get this error, contact the ITS Help Desk to get your MyUH access restored.
I time out very soon after logging into MyUH.
Please verify your web browser is listed within the Browser Recommendations for ITS-Supported Web Applications.
If you are using a recommended web browser, also try one of the following:
- Make sure that your browser's cookie setting is configured to accept cookies correctly. Cookie settings
- Toolbars that are installed in your web browser may also have cookie settings. If you have a toolbar (e.g. Google toolbar, Yahoo toolbar, Bing toolbar), please check their options and make sure it's configured to allow cookies for myuh.hawaii.edu.
- Security software such as McAfee or Symantec may also have cookie settings. Please check the options in your security software and make sure it's configured to allow cookies for myuh.hawaii.edu.
- If all cookie settings are OK, make sure that myuh.hawaii.edu is a trusted site for popups. Popup settings
- Check your MyUH Portal time out setting, and increase it to the maximum:
- Login to MyUH Portal
- Click on the My Account tab
- Under "MyUH Portal Time out", select 180, then click Save Changes.
- You will need to logout and log back in for the change to take effect.
I've been seeing a page saying that MyUH is down, but it's past the date/time listed on the page.
In addition, MyUH will be unavailable due to maintenance during the following times:
|Credit Card and Web Payment||2nd Thursday of each month||10:00pm||2:00am (next day)|
I am unable to connect to MyUH (I cannot reach the login page).
You can try these things:
- Clear your cache
- Allow myuh.hawaii.edu as trusted site for popups and cookies in all toolbars and security software
- Allow myuh.hawaii.edu as a trusted site in any firewall software or hardware. Note: many routers and wireless access points are also hardware firewalls.
When I click on the "Get a UH Username" link, I get "page not found".
This page requires access through port 8888. If you are trying to access the page from a non-UH network such as a commercial business, they might have a firewall implemented on their network and not allow access through port 8888. You should check with your company's IT if there is a firewall in place.
If you are at home, make sure your software or hardware firewall (many routers and wireless access points also have a built in firewall) allows access through port 8888.
When I try to open Google@UH Gmail through MyUH portal, the window doesn't open/load.
You can try the following things: