Macintosh OS X Information
"Mac OS X is a super-modern operating system that combines the power and stability of UNIX with the legendary elegance of the Macintosh." - Apple website
Minimum System Requirements
- A Macintosh with an Intel-based processor
- 2 GB of RAM or more
- 8 GB of free hard disk space or more
See the ITS Computer Recommendations for details on suggested Macintosh specifications.
ITS Supported Version
- Macintosh OS X version 10.6.8 through 10.9.5
- As of 10/16/2014, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) is not yet supported
Users and departments may purchase the latest version of this software through the Mac App Store. Follow upgrade instructions posted here.
- End of support for Power Macs and Mac OS 10.4, 10.5
- System requirements for OS 10.7
- System requirements for OS 10.8
- System requirements for OS 10.9
Follow these instructions to keep your Macintosh OS X up to date.