Free Statewide eWaste Recycling ProgramOctober 25, 2012 - October 26, 2012
Hawaii Island, Kauai, Maui, and Oahu
A free statewide electronic waste (ewaste) recycling drive will take place at six UH campuses and one Hawaii State Department of Education High School October 25 to 27 on Hawaii Island, Kauai, Maui, and Oahu.Participants on October 25 and 26 include:
- All public and private schools and universities
- All City, County, State or Federal/Military branches
- Small/medium sized businesses (of less than 100 employees)
Pre-registration is required via the program webpage to drop off on October 25 and 26.
Hawaii households are invited to drop off their personal ewaste for recycling on October 27, NO pre-registration required.
Drop off sites:
- John A Burns School of Medicine
- Leeward Community College
- UH at Hilo
- Kauai Community College
- UH Maui College Windward Community College
- Kealakehe High School in Kailua-Kona
All equipment collected will be processed in North America in an environmentally responsible way and recycled into commodity grade materials such as metals, plastics and glass. Recycling and disposal services are provided courtesy of Apple. Visit the program webpage for a list of equipment that will be accepted, hours of operation, and maps to the seven drop off sites: http://www.hawaii.edu/ewaste
Information Technology Services, University of Hawaii
|Thursday, October 25|
|4:00pm||Puppet-Making and ECE Club Meeting
Honolulu Campus, 2-208
|5:00pm||Intro to Fundamentals of PV Training
Honolulu Campus, Building 2, Room 508
Honolulu Campus, 874 Dillingham Blvd. Courtyard 5
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.