Team Based LearningMay 3, 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Mānoa Campus, Kuykendall Hall 106 Events Room and Gallery
All disciplines welcome! Registrants will have the opportunity to experience for themselves the power of Team Based Learning (TBL) Process led by Dr. Clark, an expert in TBL.
This session will provide participants an opportunity to learn about and experience team-based learning (TBL). Team-based learning is an approach in using small groups to promote active learning, collaboration, and interaction that facilitates discovery and understanding. The focus of this workshop will be on employing TBL in the classroom.
Particular attention will be directed on the four key principles of team-based learning:
(1) proper formation and management of teams
(2) student accountability for individual pre-class preparation and his or her contribution to the team
(3) team assignments that promote the learning of key course concepts and team development, and
(4) frequent and immediate feedback for student behavior.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the educational components of TBL including group formation, prerequisite reading and team assignments (readiness assurance tests, application focused exercises and peer evaluation)
2. Identify the advantages of TBL over conventional instructional strategies
3. Know how to access outside sources about TBL
4. Incorporate TBL into teaching classes from 20 to 100 in both clinical and pre-clinical education
Center for Teaching Excellence & School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, Mānoa Campus
Thursday, May 3
Team Based LearningMānoa Campus, Kuykendall Hall 106 Events Room and Gallery
Hula 1 (T/Th)Mānoa Campus, Hemenway 201
Pacific Film Series presents Miss South Pacific: Beauty and the Sea (Fiji) 2011Mānoa Campus, Tokioka Room, Moore 319
Hula IIMānoa Campus, Hemenway 201