Prepare or Refine Your Summer or Fall 2013 W Focus CourseFebruary 25, 9:00am - 11:30am
Mānoa Campus, Campus Center Executive Dining Room
Join Jim Henry, Director of the Mānoa Writing Program, and Dawne Bost, Educational Specialist, for a workshop to help you prepare or refine your summer or fall 2013 W Focus course.
The workshop will take place on Monday, February 25, from 9:00-11:30 a.m. in the Campus Center Executive Dining Room
This interactive workshop will address the following:
• using rubrics effectively
• prompting metacognitive work among student writers
• responding effectively and efficiently to student writing
• establishing effective peer review
• integrating self-editing checklists
• alerting students to online tools for writing, editing, and improving grammar and usage
• using Laulima to support W teaching
Complimentary coffee, tea, and pastries for participants.
To reserve a seat in the workshop, please call 956-6660 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manoa Writing Program, Mānoa Campus
Monday, February 25
Prepare or Refine Your Summer or Fall 2013 W Focus CourseMānoa Campus, Campus Center Executive Dining Room
Microbiology 690 SeminarMānoa Campus, Post 126
Expanding Diversity in Biology Seminar: Dr. Tyrone HayesMānoa Campus, Ag Sci 204
International Management Final OralMānoa Campus, Shidler College of Business G301
Theatre and Dance Graduate Research Symposium Day OneMānoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies Auditorium
Education Final OralMānoa Campus, BUSAD D103
Bollywood Mondays: 'Mangal Pandey: The Rising' (2005)Mānoa Campus, Marine Science Building 114