UH Manoa Campus Events Calendar
Winter SolsticeDecember 20, 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Manoa Campus, Tokioka Room, 319 Moore Hall
Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year, which is the last night of fall (December 20/21, depending on the year) is celebrated and referred to as Shab-e Yalda/Shab-e Chelleh in Iranian culture. This celebration has been one of the most significant Iranian celebrations since the time of ancient Iran.
Yalda Night is typically celebrated in form of a social gathering to eat/drink and read Persian poetry, particularly poems by the great Iranian poet Hafez.
College of Languages, Linguistics, and Literature, Department of Indo-Pacific Languages and Literatures, Manoa Campus
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- EWC Arts Exhibition: Bollywood & Beyond: Costume in Indian Film
- Kalaupapa -- A Source of Light, Constant and Never-Fading
- Trip Around the Island
- Trip Around the Island exhibit
- Waikiki Parc Features Ashley Huang
- Intergalactic Nemesis Workshop 1: Special Effects in Theatre
- Intergalactic Nemesis Workshop 2: The Business of Touring a Theatrical Productio