UH Manoa Campus Events Calendar
Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian CultureJanuary 18, 2014 - February 22, 2014
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd.
Aloha mai kākou! This fun class will focus on aspects of Hawaiian culture while incorporating values, mele (songs and chants), Native Hawaiian plants, land tenure, crafts, games, and ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i (Hawaiian language). Children will learn about Native Hawaiian plants and their traditional uses including their cultural significance and medicinal uses. Hawaiian language and culture come to life in Mānoa valley. Experience fun and learning. E hele mai! For keiki in (suggested) grades 4-6. Class meets 6 Saturdays: 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22. Preregistration required. Call 988-0456 to register.
$100 for 6 classes
Lyon Arboretum, Manoa Campus
|Saturday, January 18|
|8:30am||The Impact of Immigration & English Language Learners on Education in Hawaii
Manoa Campus, 2515 Dole Street, Richardson Law School, Classroom 2
|9:00am||The Big Picture: An Intro to the Web Design Process with Colin Macdonald
Manoa Campus, Krauss 12
|9:00am||Photography as a Business with Mike Adrian
Manoa Campus, Sakamaki C101
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Waikiki Parc Features Ashley Huang
- "Diminishing Sequence" by Kamran Samimi
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian Culture
- Intergalactic Nemesis Workshop 1: Special Effects in Theatre
- Intergalactic Nemesis Workshop 2: The Business of Touring a Theatrical Productio