UH Manoa Campus Events Calendar
Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian CultureJanuary 18, 2014 - February 22, 2014
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd.
Aloha mai kākou! This fun class will focus on aspects of Hawaiian culture while incorporating values, mele (songs and chants), Native Hawaiian plants, land tenure, crafts, games, and ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i (Hawaiian language). Children will learn about Native Hawaiian plants and their traditional uses including their cultural significance and medicinal uses. Hawaiian language and culture come to life in Mānoa valley. Experience fun and learning. E hele mai! For keiki in (suggested) grades 4-6. Class meets 6 Saturdays: 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22. Preregistration required. Call 988-0456 to register.
$100 for 6 classes
Lyon Arboretum, Manoa Campus
|Saturday, February 15|
|8:00am||Asia and the Pacific in German Culture
Manoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies
|9:00am||The Secret Art of I Liq Chuan
Manoa Campus, Campus Center Executive Dining Room
|9:00am||Fiction and Practice in Japanese
Manoa Campus, Webster 103
|9:00am||ARCC/EAAE 2014 International Conference
Manoa Campus, School of Architecture
|9:00am||Invasive Algae Clean-Up
Manoa Campus, Waikiki Aquarium
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Waikiki Parc Features Ashley Huang
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian Culture
- SALAMANCA, SPAIN! -Applications now being accepted for faculty led summer study
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- East-West Center International Graduate Student Conference