UH Manoa Campus Events Calendar
Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother BertramJanuary 17, 2014 - May 16, 2014
Manoa Campus, Hamilton Library Alcove
Brother Gabriel Bertram Bellinghausen was a Marianist community director sent from Dayton, Ohio to help establish Catholic Education in Hawai’i and later became the first Marianist principal of Saint Louis College, currently known as Saint Louis School. His collection of photos covers the period 1883 – 1905.
Brother Bellinghausen’s hobby was photography. He took photos “that documented slices of everyday life during a time when the Hawaiian Kingdom was n the threshold of annexation by the United States.” This valuable collection of photos has been digitized and can be viewed on the Ulukau website under Wings/Photography:
This exhibit is on loan from the Chaminade University Library. It was developed by Dr. Al Lum for Chaminade’s 50th Anniversary in 2005.
Mahalo to Dr. Lum (Historian), Darrell Asato (Designer), and Sharon LaPage (Librarian) for their help with this traveling exhibit.
Free & open to public during building hours
Library Services, Manoa Campus
|Saturday, February 15|
|8:00am||Asia and the Pacific in German Culture
Manoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies
|9:00am||ARCC/EAAE 2014 International Conference
Manoa Campus, School of Architecture
|9:00am||Invasive Algae Clean-Up
Manoa Campus, Waikiki Aquarium
|9:00am||Fiction and Practice in Japanese
Manoa Campus, Webster 103
|9:00am||The Secret Art of I Liq Chuan
Manoa Campus, Campus Center Executive Dining Room
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Waikiki Parc Features Ashley Huang
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian Culture
- SALAMANCA, SPAIN! -Applications now being accepted for faculty led summer study
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- East-West Center International Graduate Student Conference