UH Manoa Campus Events Calendar
Ho`okele: Navigating the ForestMarch 17, 2014 - March 21, 2014
Manoa Campus, Lyon Arboretum, 3860 Manoa Rd.
In anticipation of the sailing canoe Hokule'a's upcoming worldwide voyage, we are offering this spring intersession, week long day camp themed around traditional Hawaiian wayfinding. Throughout the week, haumana (students) will practice Hawaiian science, explore the waokele forest, collect plant materials, plant, harvest and prepare traditional food crops, construct a "canoe", and build temporary structures. Students will also learn Native Hawaiian cultural values through storytelling, arts and crafts, and mele. Join us for 5 days of fun and learning adventure in the forest! Class size is limited. For children currently enrolled in grades 1-5. Registration required. Call 988-0456 to register.
Lyon Arboretum, Manoa Campus
|Monday, March 17|
Series II: Tips for Submitting a NIH R03
Manoa Campus, 701 Ilalo Street Conference Room 401, UHCC
Michele Nishiguchi, Finalist for Director, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology
Fall 2014 in Paris, France Info Meeting
Manoa Campus, Moore 319
Special Oceanography Seminar
Manoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building (MSB) 114
Joint Meteorology & JIMAR Seminar
Manoa Campus, IPRC Conference Room, POST 414
Global Chef Program - Colombia
Manoa Campus, Multiple Locations (See Schedule)
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- "Intermediate Drawing & Painting" by Reem Bassous' students
- YUAN: by Beili Liu
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Ho`okele: Navigating the Forest
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780