Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
March 7, 12:00pm - 1:15pm
Mānoa Campus, Kuykendall 106 Events Room
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
This workshop will introduce faculty to the new and free SURE program of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR). Undergraduate summer research programs (e.g., NSF-REU site programs) usually provide student participants with organized professional development and social activities. Faculty that mentor summer student researchers outside of organized programs, however, typically do not have the resources to provide such opportunities. UROP is launching the SURE in June of 2019 to provide infrastructure for UHM faculty mentors and their undergraduate student mentees.
Some features of SURE include:
- Professional development modules
- Cohort of undergraduate peers
- End-of-summer SURE Symposium
- Request for proposals: Faculty mentor awards of up to $5000 per student in support of studentâ€™s project
- Summer research program evaluation
Beverages will be provided. Feel free to bring your own lunch.
For more information and to register, please click here
Center for Teaching Excellence, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, Mānoa Campus
(808) 956-6978, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.cte.hawaii.edu/events.html