Systemwide Events Calendar
Waves of Change: Climate Change Tok Stori FIlm presentationJanuary 31, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Manoa Campus, Crawford 105
The Waves of Change: Climate Change Tok Stori presents two short films Tofiga O Pili Aau (Sāmoa) 2010 and Sun Come Up (USA) 2010 followed by a discussion panel with Dr Fata Simanu-Klutz, Rachel Miller, and Derek Mane. Tofiga O Pili Aau features initiatives by eight villages on Savaiʻi and Upolu islands to mitigate the impacts of climate change on their environment, livelihoods, and infrastructure. The film was devised, planned, filmed, and directed by a group of 12 community representatives during a workshop held in the villages of Fasitoʻotai and Fagamalo.
Sun Come Up is a film that shows the human face of climate change. The film follows the relocation of the Carteret Islanders. When climate change threatens their survival, the islanders must leave their ancestral land in search of a new place to call home.
This film series is co-sponsored by the Academy for Creative Media, Pacific Islanders in Communications, and the Pan Pacific Association.
Free and open to the public
Center for Pacific Islands Studies, Manoa Campus
(808) 956-2658, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Scholarships Available!
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- Diversity and Equity Initiative Grants for Spring 2013
- 35th Annual Graduate Art Exhibition
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Biggest Loser Challenge Sign-Up
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan