Systemwide Events Calendar
Oceanography SeminarJanuary 31, 3:00pm - 4:15pm
Manoa Campus, MSB 100
“Ocean Observing Systems: From Science to Application”
Abstract: The Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System (pacioos.org) provides the science of the Pacific Ocean to the public, managers and policy-makers for a safer, cleaner, productive ocean and resilient coastal zone in the U.S. Pacific Islands region. By providing timely, reliable and accurate ocean information, PacIOOS supports decision makers in the fields of coastal hazards, maritime operations, ecosystem health, and water quality. Come hear a few success stories and learn how the science we support at UH is being applied in the real-world and how our efforts feed into local, regional, national and even global ocean observing systems.
Oceanography, Manoa Campus
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Scholarships Available!
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- Diversity and Equity Initiative Grants for Spring 2013
- 35th Annual Graduate Art Exhibition
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Biggest Loser Challenge Sign-Up
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan
- Learn Ukulele in 5 Weeks