Systemwide Events Calendar
Picturing the Ryukyus: Images of Okinawa in Japanese Artworks from the UH SakamaFebruary 7, 2013 - February 22, 2013
Manoa Campus, University of Hawai'i Art Gallery
The exhibit will feature four rare scrolls, two of which are depicting the 1671 and 1710 Ryukyuan embassy processions to Edo, one rare accordion book on manners and customs of the Ryukyus, and several selected woodblock prints on the procession.
The four scrolls and one accordion book will be displayed in their entirety for the first time.
Sponsored by: UHM Outreach College, Center for Okinawan Studies, Center for Japanese Studies, Department of Art & Art History, Department of History, National Museum of Japanese History (Japan), The Graduate University for Advanced Studies (Japan) and UHM Library
Gallery hours: Mon.-Fri. 10:30-5:00; Sunday 12:00-5:00. Closed Saturday and Feb. 18, Presidents Day. Admission is free. Donations are appreciated. Parking fees may apply.
UHM Library & Dept. of Art and Art History, Manoa Campus
Tokiko Bazzell, 956-2315, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://guides.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/otherevents
|Sunday, February 10|
|9:00am||Free Commuter Cycling 101 Workshop
Whole Foods Market Kailua
|1:00pm||Discovering Historical Parades and Processions from China, Korea, and Ryukyu dur
Manoa Campus, Center for Korean Studies Auditorium
|7:00pm||Notre amour: A Recital for Valentine's Day
Manoa Campus, Orvis Auditorium
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Scholarships Available!
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan
- Biggest Loser Challenge
- SAPFB Fall 2013 Funding Applications Available
- Picturing the Ryukyus: Images of Okinawa in Japanese Artworks from the UH Sakama