Systemwide Events Calendar
Free Commuter Cycling 101 WorkshopMarch 3, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Manoa Campus, Moore 112
Are you tired of sitting in traffic? Do you want to make the most of our beautiful island? Join us for Commuter Cycling 101 and learn how to travel by bike! Cycling is not only a great way to stay in shape, but great for the environment. Let us show you how to commute to work, school, and even the beach.
This 2-hour bicycling course begins with coverage of safe cycling practices in a classroom setting. Topics that will be covered include: your rights as a cyclist, rules of the road, equipment safety checks, lane positioning and more. The class then moves to a large parking area to practice riding drills and finishes with a group ride through the nearby community, combining classroom knowledge and road skills. Ride with our instructors to develop the confidence to do it yourself.
Classes are taught by League Cycling Instructors certified by the League of American Bicyclists. Funding provided by the Hawaii Department of Transportation, and classes are sponsored by the following local bike shops: BIKEFACTORY, The Bike Shop, Eki Cyclery, IT&B, and McCully Bicycle and Sporting Goods.
Register at http://hbl.org/commutercycling101
Thanks to our sponsors, we have lots of goodies to give away to participants. The first person to register for each class will receive a $15 gift card to one of our sponsoring bike shops. The next 5 registrants will receive $10 gift cards. Don't worry--everyone gets something from our generous sponsors for attending. We're even giving away gift cards to individuals that refer their friends, so spread the word! Let us know who referred you, and register EARLY!
Classes are limited to 15 students per session, and will fill up fast. Enroll now!
Free - Register at http://hbl.org/commutercycling101
Cycle Manoa, Manoa Campus
|Sunday, March 3|
|7:30am||The Wellness Center - Fitness Class Schedule
Maui Campus, Pilina Bldg., Wellness Center
|9:00am||Creativity on the Go: iPhoto, iMovie, and Garageband for the iPad
Manoa Campus, UHM Law School Classroom 1
|1:00pm||Free Commuter Cycling 101 Workshop
Manoa Campus, Moore 112
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Lineage : A Family Tree of Printmakers
- The White Rose : nonviolent resistance against the Nazi regime
- Arts Exhibition: Ainu Treasures: A Living Tradition in Northern Japan
- Biggest Loser Challenge
- Contemporary Photography in Hawaii 2013
- Phoebe Cummings: Cella
- L. Stephen Lau Water Research Endowed Scholarship 2013
- 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation
- 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation (ICLDC)
- 11th Annual Temple Emanu-El Kirk Cashmere Jewish Film Festival
- Liminal, an MFA thesis exhibition by Jessica Orfe