Systemwide Events Calendar
APDF: Samulgwandae - Korean Dance and DrummingJuly 14, 2013 - May 1, 2013
Manoa Campus, Kennedy Theatre
The rhythmic dance and drumming of SamulNori group from Korea
Info: The members of Samulgwangdae are boyhood friends, protégés of samulnori master drummer Kim Duk Soo, and are now internationally touring, virtuoso percussionists in their own right. Thrill to their contemporary and theatrical reinterpretations of traditional farmers’ band music, shamanistic ceremonies, and acrobatic military exercises.
Samulgwangdae's musicians are masters of the changgo (hourglass-shaped drum), kkwaenggwari (small gong), buk (barrel drum), and ching (large gong). On stage, the ensemble's musicians and dancers create a captivating blend of Korea's traditional farmers' band music and shamanistic ceremonies with its own modern compositions and theatricality.
Advance sales end at midnight the day prior to the performance. At the door sales begin 1 hour before performance begins. For more information call 956-8246.
For more information, go to http://outreach.hawaii.edu/community/asiapacific/default.asp
Tickets available May 1st: On-line at www.etickethawaii.com, by phone at 944-2697, or at any UH Ticket outlet (Stan Sheriff Center, Ward Center Rainbowtique Store) Service charges apply.
Community Services Outreach College, Manoa Campus
956-4137, email@example.com, http://outreach.hawaii.edu/community/asiapacific/default.asp
|Sunday, July 14|
|3:00pm||KIDS FIRST! Film Festival
Manoa Campus, Art Building Auditorium
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Arts Exhibition: Peranakan Chinese Heritage of Southeast Asia
- Social Media Summer Special
- Course Reserves Deadlines and Information
- KIDS FIRST! Film Festival
- Resume Writing Workshop
- Asia Pacific Dance Festival
- The Wonder of Learning: the Hundred Languages of Children Exhibit
- APDF: Samulgwandae - Korean Dance and Drumming