Systemwide Events Calendar
Kālai Iwi, Bone CarvingDecember 31, 2:00pm - 2:00pm
Windward Campus, Windward
Students will learn to carve bone based on their experience. Students will have access to a fully stocked studio and advanced instruction and mentoring. New students can start with a basic Hawaiian fishhook design, progressing to pendant or figure pieces. Advanced students can work design concepts from planning to finish. Students will learn to safely use both hand and mechanical tools in their bone carving methods. Advanced students can also use this as a studio class.
Instructor: Paleke Sacatropez
Course code: ART7010 Sect. 001
Course Fee: $75 includes instruction, access to tools, equipment, and first piece of bone
Dates: Mondays, February 3 - April 7, 2014
(No class on March 24, 2014)
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Career and Community Education, Windward Campus
|Monday, February 3|
|8:00am||Health Connector Workshop
West O'ahu Campus, Laborartory Building E-140
|9:00am||Education Final Oral
Manoa Campus, Wist Hall Room 130
|1:15pm||Ring in Chinese New Year!
Manoa Campus, Hawaii Hall lawn on the Varney Circle side
|1:30pm||Education Final Oral
Manoa Campus, Wist Hall Room 128
|2:00pm||The Value of an Innovative System to Process Large Volumes of Water
Manoa Campus, MSB 114
|2:00pm||Discussion Sessions - New Chartered Student Organizations (CSOs)
West O'ahu Campus, Campus Center C-225
|3:00pm||Honolulu Community College <3 CTE
Honolulu Campus, 2-201
|6:30pm||Tai Chi (Yang Style)
Windward Campus, Hale Kuhina 115
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Waikiki Parc Features Ashley Huang
- Diversity and Equity Initiatives
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- Papa ‘Ike Hawai‘i - Hawaiian Culture
- SALAMANCA, SPAIN! -Applications now being accepted for faculty led summer study
- EXTRA! EXTRA! Hawaii Digital Newspapers display at Hamilton Library!
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- "Subconscious Layers" by Chris Michael
- 2014 MFA Thesis Exhibitions
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement