Systemwide Events Calendar
UH Mobile App HackathonMarch 27, 2014 - March 29, 2014
Manoa Campus, IT Center, UH Manoa
Students from across the UH system are invited to participate in a mobile app coding competition taking place on the Manoa campus during spring break March 27-29, 2014. The 3-day UH Mobile App Hackathon, sponsored by AT&T, and hosted in the new IT Center by Information Technology Services (ITS), will include advance preparation workshops presented by the UH Manoa Information and Computer Sciences (ICS) department. Teams of students will each have two days to design/build an Android or iOS app, on the third day the teams will be given five minutes to present their finished app to a panel of judges, culminating with presentation of awards and prizes following lunch.
This is a great opportunity to learn the finer details of launching your own mobile app. Teams will be judged on three criteria regarding their finished app:
- Originality of idea
- Technically challenging implementation
- Ability to clearly articulate what the app does
Pre-registration of currently enrolled UH students, via the event webpage www.hawaii.edu/its/hackathon is recommended. On-site registration will also be accepted in person the morning of March 27 at the start of the event.
Activities throughout the competition include presentation by industry professionals related to mobile app development, complimentary meals (lunches on the first two days, and a buffet lunch on judging day), and the opportunity to network among peers with local and national affiliations. Speakers include Alex Donn, AT&T Developer Program, and Bryan Butteling of the Nella Media Group.
The prep workshops, which are not mandatory in order to compete, are being held evenings in the Pacific Ocean Science and Technology (POST) building on the Manoa campus. Please see the Preparations section of the event webpage www.hawaii.edu/its/hackathon for more details.
ICS/ITS, University of Hawaii
|Thursday, March 27|
|11:00am||Pastor Atama's Church Service
West O'ahu Campus, E-128
|5:30pm||Azerbaijan: A Trusted Ally U.S. in a Turbulent Region
Manoa Campus, John A. Burns Hall, East-West Center Gallery
- Highlighted dates have scheduled events.
- Select the date to view all events for that day.
- Our Musical Heritage: The Royal Hawaiian Band
- Na Pa'i Ki'i o Brother Bertram
- A World of Chinese Puppets from the Lin Liu-Hsin Museum, Taiwan
- i.KEA Inspiring Knowledge, Empowerment and Achievement
- TRIO-SSS Summer Bridge 2014
- Waikiki Parc Features Tonia Moreno
- YUAN: by Beili Liu
- Windward CC Art Faculty Exhibit at Gallery ‘Iolani
- Traveling Exhibit: Gardens of Hawaii
- Book Making in the 18th Century: In Diderot’s Encyclopedie, 1751-1780
- HI Pride T-Shirt Contest
- Candidates for ASUHWO Student Government
- UH Mobile App Hackathon