Adobe InDesignDecember 31, 2:00pm - 2:00pm
Mānoa Campus, Sakamaki C104
InDesign has become the standard for page layout and graphics design. Even if you've never used a page layout program, this class helps you learn everything you need to get up to speed with InDesign.
Discover how to:
• Set up new documents including bleed and slug settings
• Create simple text elements
• Import and format long document text from Microsoft Word and Excel
• Import, format, and edit placed graphics
• Coordinate graphics from Photoshop and Illustrator
• Set text and object to work faster
• Format text into simple and complex tables with special effects
• Output documents for print as well as PDF files
• Create dramatic transparency effects
• Customize the workspace, preferences, and keyboard shortcuts
• Set the preferences
This workshop is especially valuable for graphic designers, art directors, graphic production professionals, and service providers. Special attention is given to those switching over from other page layout programs.
Sandee Cohen has been teaching print and web graphics for over 20 years at design schools such as New School University as well as many conferences around the world. She has also consulted for many publishing houses and design firms. She is the author of all versions of the InDesign Visual Quickstart Guide as well as books on Acrobat, Illustrator, and desktop publishing.
To register call 956-8400 - workshop fee $250
Pacific New Media, Outreach College, Mānoa Campus
Sunday, March 30
UH Saxophone ChoirMānoa Campus, Orvis Auditorium