SHRM Essentials of Human ResourcesJune 23, 8:30am - 4:00pm
Mānoa Campus, Webster 104
Jun 23&30, 2018 â€¢ Sat â€¢ 8:30am-4:00pm â€¢ 2 mtgs â€¢ Register/withdraw by June 4, 2018
"SHRM Essentials was the first step towards the path of achieving my HR Certification and it was one of the best investments in my career." (Lilly Ho, Vice President, Hawaii Public Policy Advocates)
Human resources incorporate a number of interrelated job functions with a primary mission of recruiting, selecting, and retaining qualified employees who will assist the organization in achieving its goals and objectives. In this course, you will gain the foundational knowledge necessary to help your organization reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, planning to make a career change into an HR position, or performing HR duties as a part of a non-HR job. Recently updated content reflects changes in legislation and provides an overview of HR roles and responsibilities.
Developed by SHRM, the worldâ€™s largest HR association and leading advocate for HR professionals, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources is the first introductory level HR program to incorporate components of the SHRM BoCK and provide insight into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of effective HR professionals around the world. While this program doesnâ€™t prepare you for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification exam, it helps set the stage for those interested in pursuing certification.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Create a stronger alignment between your organizational and HR goals.
- Built your knowledge of HR practices.
- Apply newly learned HR knowledge to practical activities similar to those required on the job.
- Plan for ways to transfer the knowledge and skills learned from training to on-the-job tasks.
- Human Resource Fundamentals: Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
Course fee includes textbooks.
For information about Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) membership in Hawaii, visit the SHRM Hawaiâ€˜i web site, www.shrmhawaii.org, email , or call 808.447.1840 (SHRM Hawaii).
For all other questions, contact Lance Haga, (808) 956-9249, firstname.lastname@example.org, Outreach College Professional Programs.
The HR Management Certification Review instructional team includes:
Danny Ishii, Consultant
Kristin Madea, Sr HR Associate
Paul Saito, Attorney
Cindy Paguo, Talent Advisor
$449 (SHRM Member), $529 (Early Bird Non-SHRM Member - Register by 05/12/18), $549 (Regular Non-SHRM Member) - fee includes textbook
Outreach College Professional Programs, Mānoa Campus
(808) 956-9249, http://www.outreach.hawaii.edu/professional