Bollywood Mondays: 'Dangal' (2016)September 10, 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Mānoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building Room 100
For the second film of the semester, Bollywood Mondays presents the all-time highest grossing Indian movie.
'Dangal' (wrestling competition) is an inspiring sports drama loosely based on the lives of a real family. Superstar Aamir Khan, bulked and bloated for the role, plays the father of the clan, a former wrestler who had to quit the sport he loves in order to find gainful employment.
Embittered, Mahavir pledges to train a son to become a championship wrestler. To his initial disappointment, daughter follows daughter as his family expands. Over time, Mahavir realizes the potential of his two eldest daughters in the wresting ring, and invests himself in training them to win international medals for India.
This is the second movie in the 16th UH Bollywood film series, running every Monday afternoon this fall. For a copy of the full film series schedule for the semester, please see the contact information below.
Free and open to the public.
History, Mānoa Campus
Ned Bertz, (808) 956-6766, email@example.com
Monday, September 10
Love Life FairMānoa Campus, Campus Center Courtyard
Bollywood Mondays: 'Dangal' (2016)Mānoa Campus, Marine Sciences Building Room 100
Opening events for "Hiding in Plain Sight: JosÃ© Ferreira and Asma Kazmi"Mānoa Campus, Commons Gallery, Dept. of Art + Art History
UROP Info SessionMānoa Campus, QLC 012
- Ultimate Frisbee Pickup
- Russian Club Spring 2018
- Family Pau Hana
- ASUH RIO Funding Application Available
- SEED IDEAS call for applications
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Review-Part I
- Harry Tsuchidana: Works on Paper
- Beekeeping in the Tropics: Introduction to Honeybee Health and Management
- Vie Du Pacifique II
- Chinese Calligraphy for Beginners
- The Wiz at PalikÅ« Theatre
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 3
- Japanese Conversation-Intermediate
- Japanese Conversation-Advanced
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 4
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 2
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 1
- Hiding in Plain Sight: JosÃ© Ferreira + Asma Kazmi
- T2EL How I Support My Students in Becoming Successful Students