PacRim 2019 Call for ParticipationMarch 4, 2019 - March 5, 2019
Hawaii Convention Center
SUCCESSABILITY! #PacRim2019 Call for Participation
The place to be to learn about smart practices, glimpse the future, and become a change agent for people with disabilities in your community!
The University of HawaiÊ»i at MÄnoa, Center on Disability Studies will host the 34th Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability & Diversity at the Hawaii Convention Center, March 4 and 5 , 2019. We have an action-packed conference planned â€“ home-grown experts, some from the Mainland, and others from more than 10 countries. In its 34 th year, PacRim has always been about disability and diversity, a place to gather, learn, network, and be empowered with ideas that work.
PacRim 2019 has a flexible format that is user and presenter friendly â€“ there are 60-minute options, multi-hour workshops, keynote speakers, exhibitors, interactive poster presentation reception, and special events. Our call for participation includes:
â— Last Call for Proposals - Conference strands include: 1) accessibility, 2) Early Learning & Education, 3) Health & Wellbeing, and ) 4) postsecondary education & Employment. Presenters will address these four strands by highlighting cross-strand themes of 1) Disability Studies, 2) Interdisciplinary Teams Transitions across the Lifespan, 3) Social Emotional Development, and 4) Transitions across the Lifespan. Submit a proposal to present at www.pacrim.hawaii.edu . The deadline for proposals is December 3, 2018.
â— Registration - Educators, Health Service Providers, Advocates, and Decision-Makers may register online or contact us for special rates. Learn more about our accepted presentations at www.facebook.com/PacRimHawaii.
â— Exhibitors & Sponsors - Limited space is available for organizations to interact and highlight your most innovative products & services. Partner as an exhibitor or sponsor by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to offering you an experience that will not only give you something to think about, but to act on when you get home. By being in a place where you can meet people who think outside the box, brainstorm with others, reflect, and discover a new level of energy and a clear mission â€“ you will be equipped to make a difference in your communities.
Center on Disability Studies, Mānoa Campus
JoAnn Yuen, (808) 956-5462, email@example.com
Monday, March 4
Keiki HauÊ»oli BAKE SALE!!!!Honolulu Campus, By the HUB next to Building 2
Monthly Munchies - Mid-Semester Tea TimeWest Oʻahu Campus, D-building Tunnel
Micr 690 Seminar: Kent KosterMānoa Campus, AgSci 204
Architecture Final OralMānoa Campus, ARCH 214
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Semester in Seville, SpainMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Room 5/6
Master Class with Jack GrayMānoa Campus, UHM Dance Building Dance Studio, 1820 Edmonson Road, Honolulu, HI, 96822
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Semester in Rome, ItalyMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Room 5/6
Study Abroad Info. Meeting - Semester in "Three Cities," ItalyMānoa Campus, Dean Hall Room 5/6
Climate Change in Cinema: Earth - The Operator's ManualMānoa Campus, St. John 011
Ethnomathematics: Engaging and Empowering students With Hands-on LessonsMānoa Campus, W.S. In College Collaboration Center, Wist Hall, UHM College of Education
- The Gaucho: Tradition and Diversity in Argentina
- Chinese Calligraphy and Painting for Beginners
- Aloha Fridays with Student Parents At MÄnoa (SP@M)
- Japanese Conversation-Intermediate
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 1
- Conversational Japanese - High Elementary
- Japanese Conversation-Advanced
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 2
- Conversational Japanese Elementary 3
- Mandarin Chinese Level 1 - Part 2
- Mandarin Chinese Level 1 - Part 1
- Business Chinese
- Mandarin Chinese Level 2 - Part 2
- Mandarin Chinese Level 2 - Part 1
- Mandarin Chinese (Introductory Level)
- Mandarin Chinese Level 3
- Weston Teruya: Expansion (land.water.sky)
- MÄlama Project - Support Group
- Costume Exhibition (Romeo and Juliet)
- Discover Japanese Language: Business Series
- Opening Night: SymbioSEAS Science-Art Exhibit
- Building Operator Certification Level I
- 2019 Master of Fine Arts Thesis Exhibition
- PacRim 2019 Call for Participation