What Hawai`i Teachers Say About the Center
- "Excellent resource teachers. You did a FANTASTIC job! Economics came alive!
I thoroughly enjoyed myself and learned how economics is sequential and
how concepts such as 'scarcity and opportunity cost' can be integrated
throughout the curriculum."
- -- Kauluwela Economic Awareness Workshop
- "Even after a full day of teaching 160 students, I always looked forward
to attending this class. I especially enjoyed the stimulating discussions
on global and economic conditions and listening to and being able to question
our guest speakers. More importantly, I was able to share valuable information
with my students regarding trends."
- -- Consumer Economics
- "The combination of lecture/theory and practical hands-on activities throughout
the day was great. The instructors were knowledgeable, clear, well-organized,
fun to be with, and facilitated lots of interaction among everyone."
- -- Enriching the Curriculum Through Economics Participant
- "Mini-Society has turned out to be the most exciting concept seen by this
school in many years. Not only do the children learn economics within
a democratic context, they also receive the benefit of integrated reading,
writing, math, and discussion. All too often, these skills are taught
in isolation. With Mini-Society, there is integration and application."
- -- Fred Okumura, Dean of Students, Iolani Lower School