- Support student parent’s access to education and faculty/staff’s work at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa by providing their children with a high quality early childhood program.
- To model high quality, relationship-based early childhood education and care for the community and serve as an internship site and resource for students throughout the University of Hawai’i System.
- Create and maintain a loving, home-like, dynamic learning environment filled with adults who care about, challenge, encourage and support children in realizing their fullest capacity and potential.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, supportive and caring relationships between administration, staff, families, children and the community with a focus on respecting, honoring and welcoming all cultures and world views.
- Support, encourage, finance and promote professional development, pre and post service, for the Children’s Center’s staff, University of Hawai’i students and educators from the larger early childhood community.
- Develop and maintain a curriculum that emphasizes collaboration among children and adults, infused with a sense of place (Manoa Valley; the Waikiki ahupua’a) which honors Hawaiian culture and values while celebrating life through art, music, drama, literature, movement, science, real work, real play, and close relationships.
Childhood is a journey, not a race…