Policies & Procedures
The CIS Program Policies and Procedures document is the document of reference for program-specific policies and procedures. The documents are in PDF format (readable by Adobe Reader and other programs). Questions of interpretation should be referred to the CIS Program Chair, and may be appealed to the CIS Executive Board (consisting of the CIS Program Chair and the chairs of the four participating programs).
- Current Version (effective January 1, 2012)
- This version clarifies operating procedures in several areas by providing additional detail or codifying current practice. Since it does not change student requirements, it is effective for students according to the same schedule as that of the August 2011 modification (below).
- Policies and Procedures effective August 18, 2011
- Sections 1.0 through 5.4 of this version apply to students who entered the program in August 2011 or later. (Students who entered earlier please see August 2010 Version under Prior Versions, below.) Sections 5.5 and onwards apply to all students currently in the program.
- Graduate Division Regulations
- Graduate division regulations also apply: students should be familiar with all policies and procedures on their web site.
Prior versions of the CIS Policies and Procedures document may be found below.
- August 2010 Version
- Sections 1.0 through 5.4 of this version apply to students who entered the program in August 2010 or earlier (except that it does not invalidate requirements met before August 16, 2010). For scheduling proposal and dissertation defenses, these students should refer to the current version above.
- August 2008 Version
- This version applied to students who entered the program in August 2008 onwards, and other students who elected to convert to this "new system."
- July 2007 Version
- This version applied to students who entered the program prior to August 2008, unless they elected to convert to the the August 2008 "new system."