Please join us for Monday’s CIS720 seminar on 8/28/2017 (Hamilton Library 3F at 4:40 PM). During this seminar several CIS students will present their experiences and accomplishments gained on the conferences they attended this year.
The students who will be presenting in the spirit of "slam" (maximum 5 minutes each) are:
- Wiebke Reile- with the presentation Television Debate Response Network on Twitter: Exploring #equalpay, presented at
International Communication Association Conference, San Diego, California.
- Nyle Sky Kuawelowa- with the presentation on Collegiate E-sports: As Work or Play, presented at 1st Joint International of DiGra and FDG.
- Christina Higa- with the presentation Building Healthier Communities: Value Co-Creation within the Chronic Care Model for Rural Under-Resourced Areas, presented at HICSS conference in Hawaii.
- Michelle White- with the presentation The Benefits and Complications of Facebook Memorials presented at the 4th European Conference on Social Media – (ECSM 2017) at Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Jennifer Beamer - with the presentation on Isomorphic Pressures on Institutional Repositories in Japan, presented at Open Repositories 2017 conference in Brisbane, Australia.
- Philipp Jordan- with the presentation on The Fiction in Computer Science: A Qualitative Data Analysis of the ACM Digital Library for Traces of Star Trek, presented at 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2017) in Los Angeles.
- Ashiyan Rahmani-Shirazi- with the presentation Toward a Praxis of Gender Empowerment: Community radio and mobile phones in rural Fiji, presented at Pacific Telecommunications Council Conference 2016, Honolulu, Hawai’i.