Please see the attachment (download here) for information about the CJS Graduate Research Assistant position:
Title: Graduate Research Assistant – NRC EA
Hiring Unit: School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Center for Japanese Studies
Location: University of Hawai’i at Manoa
Date Posted: April 13, 2017
Closing Date: May 01, 2017
Salary Information: $1706 per month
Monthly Type: 11 Month
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time – Full Time Equivalency: 50%
Funding: Extramural funds – federal
To begin approximately mid-August. Pending position clearance and availability of funds. Continuation based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains websites for the National Resource Center East Asia (NRC EA) and the Center for Japanese Studies.
- Writes and edits newsletters.
- Coordinates lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Collects information on East Asian Studies at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa (UHM) for government and grant applications.
- Other duties related to the NRC EA projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with work in or related to East Asian Studies (Chinese, Japanese and/or Korean).
- Full time classified graduate student in an University of Hawaii graduate program.
- Experience in designing and maintaining websites.
- Excellent communication (read, write, verbal) skills in English at a native or near-native level.
- Experience with newsletter layout.
- Experience with preparing databases and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated organizational ability and attention to detail, be able work on a team and work without supervision.
- Experience in coordinating outreach projects.
- Experience in working on projects funded by Title VI National Resource Center.
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Some knowledge of Japanese language
Submit cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications, names of 3 professional references and their contact information (including email addresses), an URL website address of recent website design work and CV/resume. Applications must be postmarked by the closing date.
Address: Dr. Lonny Carlile or Dr. Gay Satsuma
Center for Japanese Studies
1890 East West Road, Moore 216
Honolulu, HI 96822
Inquiries: Dr. Lonny Carlile or Dr. Gay Satsuma; 808-956-2665