Individuals interested in attending the UHM and who meet the following criteria should be encouraged to apply:
- Be a bona fide Hawaiʻi resident and U.S. citizen, national, or person holding a permanent visa.
See UH Definition of Hawaiʻi Residency online at: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/financing/residency.html
- A high school graduate or senior graduating during the 2022-23 school year. Applicants who have earned or will have earned 12 or more semester transferable credits at the time of application are not eligible for this program.
- A cumulative high school GPA of 2.00 at the time of application.
Everyone who meets the criteria above is encouraged to apply; however, primary consideration will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Lack the minimum requirements to gain admission to UHM (coursework, test scores, GPA, high school rank). See UHM Admission Requirements online at: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/freshman.html#requirement
- Intend to enroll as a full-time student at UH Mānoa.
- Able to demonstrate eligibility for need-based funding as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
- Be the first person in their family to attend a university.
*Note: subject to change
A step-by-step guide to help you complete the online application.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - 2023 COP PROGRAM
Have any questions about our program or the application process? Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions sheet. Feel free to call or email us as well!
COP 2023 APPLICATION WORKSHEET
Form Fillable application worksheet to help get you started. You will need some information from your parents prior to submitting your online application.
COP APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Download and submit this form with your Agreement & Certification Form and other checked documents.
Agreement & Certification Form
Download and submit this form to COP's Dropbox.
Make sure to have your recommender download and submit this form to COP's Dropbox.
How to Upload Files to COP's Dropbox
Instructions on how to upload documents to COP's Dropbox.
How to Fill Out & Sign Your PDF Forms
Instructions on how to fill out PDF forms on a smartphone and computer.
COP 2023 Program Info
Interested in attending UH Mānoa? Consider applying to the College Opportunities Program (C.O.P.) for that extra support while you're in college.
Financial Aid Links