Individuals interested in attending the UHM and who meet the following criteria should be encouraged to apply:
- Be a bona fide Hawai’i resident and U.S. citizen, national, or person holding a permanent visa.
See UH Definition of Hawai‘i Residency online at:
- A high school graduate or senior graduating during the 2016-17 school year. Applicants who have earned or will have earned 12 or more semester transferable credits at the time of application are not eligible for this program.
- A cumulative high school GPA of 2.00 at the time of application.
Everyone who meets the criteria above is encouraged to apply; however, primary consideration will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Lack the minimum requirements to gain admission to UHM (coursework, test scores, GPA, high school rank). See UHM Admission Requirements online at: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions/undergrad/apply/
- Intend to enroll as a full-time student at UH Mānoa.
- Able to demonstrate eligibility for need-based funding as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
- Be the first person in their family to attend a university.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Download the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) * for Summer 2017 COP
*Note: Requires Adobe Reader