Center for Pacific Island Studies

oceania | academic programs | people | outreach | resources | publications | news & events | about the center
contact | home | html site


undergraduate & graduate study

ma admission & degree requirements

certificate program

financial information and assistance


recent theses, plan b papers, and portfolios

pacific language instruction

academic programs

financial information and assistance

Various forms of financial assistance are available to students wishing to attend the University of Hawai‘i.

As of 2012, the center has been accepted into the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), which enables CPIS MA students from the 15 member states to pay resident tuition rates. For more information, see the WRGP section of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) website.

Federal, state, and institutional funds in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and part-time employment are available to resident and nonresident undergraduate and graduate students who meet the criteria for the various programs and who demonstrate financial need. Students who are in the United States on F-1 or F-2 student visas or J-1 or J-2 exchange visitor visas are not eligible for need-based financial assistance.

The University of Hawai‘i uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as the basic application for the determination of eligibility.

For further information and to download the appropriate forms, visit the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Financial Aid Services Office website, or contact the office directly at 2600 Campus Road, Suite 1200, Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96822. Priority deadline for submission is February 1 of each year. Late applications will be accepted until funds are depleted. For general information on grants and fellowships available to graduate students, visit the Graduate Division website.




© 2005, UHM, Center for Pacific Island Studies. | Site Credits