GRANT FOR UH FACULTY or CPS FACULTY AFFILIATES
Description: This fund allows faculty and staff members of the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa to undertake projects and programs that support the mission of the CPS. Funds will not be available for conference travel.
- UH Full-time faculty and staff or CPS Faculty Affiliates, are eligible to apply.
- Visiting faculty, temporary faculty, part- time faculty, and lecturers are not eligible.
- Applicants from other countries or institutions may not apply.
- Priority will be given to projects that advance the academic and professional mission of the Center for Philippine Studies.
- Programming must be undertaken during the fiscal year awarded. Unused funds will not be carried over to the following fiscal year.
Terms of Award:
- Three to four awards of $500 (depending upon the availability of funds) will be given to three different individuals. Two or more applicants may not combine individual awards toward the funding of a single project. Selected applicants are free to combine their award with other funding sources.
- Each applicant may submit only one application and may receive only one award per fiscal year (e.g., July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2024).
- Support may not be requested to pay for overload, summer salaries, or release time for principal investigators, graduate assistant stipends, or for the purchase of equipment. Support may not be requested to pay for student help.
- Once awarded, funds should be encumbered within one year.Required Documents (Incomplete applications will not be processed):
- Please submit application to the CPS Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cc to Fred Magdalena (email@example.com) following the guidelines below:
- CPS Programming Projects Application Form
- A two to three-page narrative beginning with a brief abstract, and addressing the following:
a. Objectives of the project
b. Significance of the project and how it advances the mission of the Center for Philippine Studies
c. Procedures to be employed in the project or program
d. Projected results or output
e. Proposed budget
- A one-page CV
Application Deadlines: None
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Clemen Montero) or Fred Magdalena (email@example.com).